Our full-size kits, manufactured using the original factory drawings and specifications, are comprised of period correct wood, metal fittings, cables and hardware, ready-to-assemble. No welding required as complex metal pieces come pre-formed and pre-assembled. The vintage enthusiast supplies their own engine, instrumentation, flying wires and fabric covering according to their preference. Assemble by yourself or with our assistance, or have the experts at KipAero assemble one for you.
Available Sopwith Aeroplane Kits:
Each aeroplane is available as a complete kit, as a series of sub-kits or as portions of a sub-kit.
- Fuselage Kit: Wooden longerons and cross-members, wire and cable, metal fittings
- Wing Kit: Spruce spars and ribs, metal fittings, wire and cable
- Tail Kit: Wooden structure, stabilizers, rudder, elevators, wire and cable
- Undercarriage Kit: Left and right undercarriage struts, axle fairing, wheels, axle, tail skid, bungees.
- Strut Kit: Cabane and interplane struts with socket assemblies.
- Cowl & Panel Kit: Engine cowling, fuselage metal panels and access doors
- Flight Controls Kit: Pulleys, cables, joy stick, rudder bar, airbrake controls, elevator controls.
- Single Pilot/Gunner – one armored pilot seat and gunner’s stool
- Dual Pilot – adds stick & rudder to 2nd cockpit with two armored pilot seats (only Strutter)
- Fuel Tank Kit: Size varies depending on type of aeroplane.
- Oil Tank Kit: Size varies depending on type of aeroplane.
- Windscreen Kit: pilots’ and gunners’ windscreens (Strutter only)
- Complete Kit: all kits listed available priced as one.
Although we inventory many of the metal fittings for these kits, most wood and other components will not be fabricated until receipt of your order. Please allow 4-6 months depending on back-log. Questions? Please give us a call at (888) 243-0440 or use our contact page.