The Sopwith Pup COMPLETE Kit contains all wood, metal fittings, and hardware to build the fuselage, wing, tail, undercarriage, control, strut, cowl, fuel & oil, and windscreen for an authentic Sopwith Pup. In addition, KipAero includes a set of Replicraft Sopwith Pup drawings. This single-seat fighter will take approximately 1,800 hours to assemble.
This kit does not include the engine, propeller, covering, flying wires or instrumentation due to owner preference.
This Kit contains the following sub-components and is made-to-order. Although we inventory metal fittings for these kits, kit components will not be fabricated until receipt of your order and deposit. Please allow 8-12 months based on production backlog and raw material availability.
- Control Kit contains pulleys, cables, fairleads, joystick, rudder pedal bar, air brake controls, pilot’s seat, and necessary hardware for single pilot configuration.
- Fuselage Kit contains all wood & metal components, bracing wire, turnbuckles, and hardware to build a complete fuselage structure based on the original Sopwith drawings. Full scale, no welding required.
- Wing Kit contains all the ribs, riblets, nosing, wing tips, trailing edge, spars, metal fittings, bracing wire, ferrules, turnbuckles, and hardware to assemble wings and ailerons. No welding or painting of metal components required. Does not include fabric covering.
- Tail Kit contains all wood, metal, and other components required to assemble the horizontal stabilizer. The vertical stabilizer, rudder, and elevator are supplied as pre-assembled units. No welding or painting of metal components is required.
- Undercarriage Kit contains complete components including the left and right “V” struts made of 4130 steel, axle, axle fairings, wheels & tyres, tail skid, bungees, and hardware. No welding is required.
- Strut Kit contains metal (4130 gauge steel) cabane and wood (Spruce) interplane struts with socket assemblies made of 1018 gauge steel and coated in rust-preventative black paint. Cabane struts are primed to prevent rusting; wood struts are ready to varnish.
- Cowl & Panel Kit contains engine cowling, aluminum metal panels, rear undershield, and all access/inspection doors on the fuselage. Steel cables and hardware included. Metal panels come flat and should be fitted to your engine which requires rivets for assembly.
- Fuel & Oil Tank Kit contains one metal tank with partition: 19 3/4 gallon fuel tank and 4 3/4 gallon oil tank; straps, and installation hardware. Does not include piping.
- Windscreen Kit contains a complete windscreen assembly with padding. Originally bolted to the rear of the machine gun, alternative fitment can also be used.
- Replicraft Sopwith Pup Drawings included
All components are produced to original Sopwith specifications.
Kit comes crated, FOB Dallas, Texas, USA. Shipping is billed separately.